Neil Patrick Harris Tweets Apology After Word Debacle
BY Winston Gieseke
December 02 2011 3:25 PM ET
How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris has tweeted an apology after using the word “tranny” on-air twice this morning while guest-hosting on Live With Kelly.
During an experiment involving the inhalation of “anti-helium” gas, Harris and Kelly took advantage of their lowered voices by exchanging movie quotes. Kelly impersonated Darth Vader, while Harris quoted Buffalo Bill from The Silence of the Lambs. "It puts the lotion in the basket," he said, following it up with "I've never sounded more like a tranny in my life."
Anticipating a backlash, Harris later tweeted “Truly sorry for saying the word 'tranny' on Live this week. Twice! Should have been more thoughtful. Didn't at all mean to offend.”
Watch the clip here.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 26 min 39 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 11 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 2 hours 22 min ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 2 hours 25 min ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 5:07 PM