Gay Homecoming King's Message for Bullied Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 09 2011 7:36 PM ET
Johnny Robinson, a gay teenager who was elected his high school's homecoming king, has recorded a video message for bullying victim Jonah Mowry.
While a remix of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night" plays, Robinson holds up handwritten notecards that explain he went through a period of being bullied and taunted with homophobic slurs before he found the courage to stand up for himself. He says after he became proud of who he is, he was elected homecoming king at his high school and even fell in love.
Watch his video below.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM