Gay Homecoming King's Message for Bullied Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 09 2011 8:36 PM ET
Johnny Robinson, a gay teenager who was elected his high school's homecoming king, has recorded a video message for bullying victim Jonah Mowry.
While a remix of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night" plays, Robinson holds up handwritten notecards that explain he went through a period of being bullied and taunted with homophobic slurs before he found the courage to stand up for himself. He says after he became proud of who he is, he was elected homecoming king at his high school and even fell in love.
Watch his video below.
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series