Gay Homecoming King's Message for Bullied Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 09 2011 8:36 PM ET
Johnny Robinson, a gay teenager who was elected his high school's homecoming king, has recorded a video message for bullying victim Jonah Mowry.
While a remix of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night" plays, Robinson holds up handwritten notecards that explain he went through a period of being bullied and taunted with homophobic slurs before he found the courage to stand up for himself. He says after he became proud of who he is, he was elected homecoming king at his high school and even fell in love.
Watch his video below.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos