Gay Homecoming King's Message for Bullied Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 09 2011 8:36 PM ET
Johnny Robinson, a gay teenager who was elected his high school's homecoming king, has recorded a video message for bullying victim Jonah Mowry.
While a remix of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night" plays, Robinson holds up handwritten notecards that explain he went through a period of being bullied and taunted with homophobic slurs before he found the courage to stand up for himself. He says after he became proud of who he is, he was elected homecoming king at his high school and even fell in love.
Watch his video below.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Debbie Reynolds: 'We All Knew He Was Gay' 20 min 13 sec ago
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship 34 min 37 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel WATCH: Flash Mob Gay Marriage Proposal in Central Park 46 min 6 sec ago
- Women Cannes is Abuzz About Blue is the Warmest Color's Explicit Lesbian Sex Scenes 1 hour 7 min ago
- Sports Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia 1 hour 35 min ago
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 2 hours 31 min ago
- Transgender Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 2 hours 31 min ago