Gay Homecoming King's Message for Bullied Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 09 2011 7:36 PM ET
Johnny Robinson, a gay teenager who was elected his high school's homecoming king, has recorded a video message for bullying victim Jonah Mowry.
While a remix of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night" plays, Robinson holds up handwritten notecards that explain he went through a period of being bullied and taunted with homophobic slurs before he found the courage to stand up for himself. He says after he became proud of who he is, he was elected homecoming king at his high school and even fell in love.
Watch his video below.
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary