Gay Homecoming King's Message for Bullied Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 09 2011 8:36 PM ET
Johnny Robinson, a gay teenager who was elected his high school's homecoming king, has recorded a video message for bullying victim Jonah Mowry.
While a remix of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night" plays, Robinson holds up handwritten notecards that explain he went through a period of being bullied and taunted with homophobic slurs before he found the courage to stand up for himself. He says after he became proud of who he is, he was elected homecoming king at his high school and even fell in love.
Watch his video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 26 min 30 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 36 min 15 sec ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 52 min 27 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 hour 24 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 57 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 2 hours 5 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 53 min ago