Gay Homecoming King's Message for Bullied Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 09 2011 8:36 PM ET
Johnny Robinson, a gay teenager who was elected his high school's homecoming king, has recorded a video message for bullying victim Jonah Mowry.
While a remix of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night" plays, Robinson holds up handwritten notecards that explain he went through a period of being bullied and taunted with homophobic slurs before he found the courage to stand up for himself. He says after he became proud of who he is, he was elected homecoming king at his high school and even fell in love.
Watch his video below.
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Neil Patrick Harris, Behind the Shoot 43 min 21 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 2 hours 37 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 8:44 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM