WATCH: Rick Perry Heckled in Iowa Over Ad
December 12 2011 11:15 AM ET
Gov. Rick Perry’s recent ad blasting the repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell” — already perhaps the most widely mocked political stunt in the campaign — has drawn criticism from gay veterans as well as Iowa campaign stop hecklers on Sunday.
Following an appearance in Ames, the GOP presidential candidate was asked by an audience member, “Why do you hate gays so much?”
“Go back to Texas,” another unidentified person yelled.
According to the Des Moines Register, one of the attendees who shouted questions at Perry was Iowa State University associate professor Warren Blumenfeld. “He is marginalizing people and dividing this country, and he’s demonizing proud Americans who just don’t have the social identities as he has,” Blumenfeld said (read the report here).
Watch video below, via the Register.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 1 hour 29 min ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 2 hours 21 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 9:27 AM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When Scout Comes Out at Camp 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM