Video: Randall Terry Glitter-Bombed
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2011 1:44 PM ET
Whether effective or merely puerile, the glitter-bombing of American social conservative figures continues.
The latest target: Randall Terry, the anti-abortion leader and founder of Operation Rescue. While speaking at a fringe candidate forum in New Hampshire, Terry was showered with glitter by a character donning boot-on-head named “Vermin Supreme,” who told the panel, “Oh, one more thing, Jesus told me to turn Randy Terry gay." (Via Daily Kos.)
Terry’s gay son, Jamiel, died last month in an auto crash in Georgia. In a December 2 statement on his deceased son, Terry said, “While we remained irreconcilable on the issue of ‘homosexual marriage,' and the morality of homosexual behavior, Jamiel remained firmly pro-life, and recently helped convince a young woman to not kill her child by abortion. There were many other issues that we kicked around — with laughter and good humor."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM