Video: Randall Terry Glitter-Bombed
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2011 1:44 PM ET
Whether effective or merely puerile, the glitter-bombing of American social conservative figures continues.
The latest target: Randall Terry, the anti-abortion leader and founder of Operation Rescue. While speaking at a fringe candidate forum in New Hampshire, Terry was showered with glitter by a character donning boot-on-head named “Vermin Supreme,” who told the panel, “Oh, one more thing, Jesus told me to turn Randy Terry gay." (Via Daily Kos.)
Terry’s gay son, Jamiel, died last month in an auto crash in Georgia. In a December 2 statement on his deceased son, Terry said, “While we remained irreconcilable on the issue of ‘homosexual marriage,' and the morality of homosexual behavior, Jamiel remained firmly pro-life, and recently helped convince a young woman to not kill her child by abortion. There were many other issues that we kicked around — with laughter and good humor."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 2 hours 45 min ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM