Johnny Weir Marries Boyfriend
BY Jeremy Kinser
January 03 2012 2:01 PM ET
Figure skating champion and reality series star Johnny Weir wed boyfriend Victor Voronov in a ceremony Friday morning, reports People magazine.
Weir tweeted the news to his fans, saying "I'm married! Wedding in summer! But all the official stuff is done now! No more livin' in sin!"
A rep for Weir says the couple exchanged handwritten vows before their parents and that while Weir will continue using his professional name, the two men have taken the surname Weir-Voronov.
"I am so happy to have found my match," Weir says in a statement. "Finding someone to share your life with is one of the most important things a human can do and was preached to me by my mother. Victor is the epitome of a gentleman, as handsome as he is clever and loving. Our road to marriage has been a fast one, but one I never wavered on. I am honored to have been married in the great state of New York, and I hope more states pass laws allowing all Americans to be united through love and marriage."
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM