Johnny Weir Marries Boyfriend
BY Jeremy Kinser
January 03 2012 3:01 PM ET
Figure skating champion and reality series star Johnny Weir wed boyfriend Victor Voronov in a ceremony Friday morning, reports People magazine.
Weir tweeted the news to his fans, saying "I'm married! Wedding in summer! But all the official stuff is done now! No more livin' in sin!"
A rep for Weir says the couple exchanged handwritten vows before their parents and that while Weir will continue using his professional name, the two men have taken the surname Weir-Voronov.
"I am so happy to have found my match," Weir says in a statement. "Finding someone to share your life with is one of the most important things a human can do and was preached to me by my mother. Victor is the epitome of a gentleman, as handsome as he is clever and loving. Our road to marriage has been a fast one, but one I never wavered on. I am honored to have been married in the great state of New York, and I hope more states pass laws allowing all Americans to be united through love and marriage."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls