Ted Haggard "Hesitant" About Gay Marriage
BY Winston Gieseke
January 04 2012 2:40 PM ET
While disgraced minister Ted Haggard and his wife do not consider gay people to be Satan, they are "hesitant" about marriage equality.
On last night's Celebrity Wife Swap, when actress Steffanie Sampson (fiancée of Gary Busey) challenged Haggard on his views on gay marriage, Haggard replied that his hesitation was due to semantics, adding "but we are for civil unions."
"What’s wrong with saying 'marriage'?" asked Sampson.
"The historic definition of marriage has been a heterosexual monogamous union," replied Haggard.
In 2006 a married Haggard made headlines when a male masseur alleged that the outspokenly antigay pastor had for three years been paying him for sex.
Watch the clip from Celebrity Wife Swap below.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever