George Clooney: It Shouldn't Be Long For Marriage Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
January 13 2012 8:59 PM ET
George Clooney says it's just a matter of time for national marriage equality and calls it "final leg of the civil rights movement," during an interview with E!'s Marc Malkin.
"I think the world is changing and it's becoming less and less of an issue and I think it shouldn't be long now," Clooney tells Malkin. "I think younger people are looking at this like, 'Who cares?'
"I do believe it's generational, much like the civil rights movement," he adds. "Young people started taking to the streets and things changed. This really is the final leg of the civil rights movement."
Clooney will play marriage equality defender, attorney David Boies in the upcoming Los Angeles production of 8, adapted by Dustin Lance Black from the transcripts of the Prop. 8 trial. The one-night-only performance directed by Rob Reiner will take place March 3. Other cast members are expected to be announced soon.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 2 hours 47 min ago
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM