George Clooney: It Shouldn't Be Long For Marriage Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
January 13 2012 8:59 PM ET
George Clooney says it's just a matter of time for national marriage equality and calls it "final leg of the civil rights movement," during an interview with E!'s Marc Malkin.
"I think the world is changing and it's becoming less and less of an issue and I think it shouldn't be long now," Clooney tells Malkin. "I think younger people are looking at this like, 'Who cares?'
"I do believe it's generational, much like the civil rights movement," he adds. "Young people started taking to the streets and things changed. This really is the final leg of the civil rights movement."
Clooney will play marriage equality defender, attorney David Boies in the upcoming Los Angeles production of 8, adapted by Dustin Lance Black from the transcripts of the Prop. 8 trial. The one-night-only performance directed by Rob Reiner will take place March 3. Other cast members are expected to be announced soon.
- WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Protests Continue But Opponents in France Get Final Loss
- Florist Counter-Sues Washington, Arguing She Has a Right to Discriminate
- 25 Rare Photos of Jinkx Monsoon Before "Drag Superstardom"
- Hot Sheet: Super Duper Star Zack
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM