Bloggers Call For JCPenney "Shop-In"
BY Winston Gieseke
February 11 2012 7:00 AM ET
Asking Ellen DeGeneres supporters to put their money where their mouths are, two bloggers have launched a social media campaign inviting people to a “shop-in” at JCPenny this Sunday, February 12.
ABC News reports that Tracey Gaughran-Perez, 41, who blogs about “photography, motherhood, style, and love,” says the campaign was created to stand up to a group identifying itself as One Million Moms, who she likens to “a bully trying to get JCPenney to sever ties with Ellen because she’s gay. What we’re doing is like parents coming together and standing up against bullies.”
The campaign encourages people to buy something at JCPenney on Sunday, either in a store or online, or to tweet a photo of themselves in or in front of a JCPenny store (along with the hashtag #jcpshopin).
The story quotes JCPenny’s corporate communications senior manager Kate Coultas as saying, “Standing with our partner Ellen DeGeneres – a person who is renowned for her honesty, integrity, kindness and humor – has been a privilege for all of us at JCPenney. We appreciate all of the kind words and actions in support of our decision.”
Read more here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM