Gay Comic Sells Out
BY Winston Gieseke
March 02 2012 4:00 PM ET
Despite protests from groups like One Million Moms, the Kevin Keller issue of Life With Archie that featured Keller’s same-sex wedding has sold out.
In the comic, Kevin, the series’ first gay character, marries a male doctor he met following injuries sustained in the armed forces. The storyline began with a friendship in the hospital and blossomed into a romance.
According to Archie Comics’ co-CEO Jon Goldwater, the gay character is here to stay. “Kevin will always be a major part of Riverdale, and we’re overjoyed, honored and humbled by the response to this issue. Our fans have come out full force to support Kevin. He is, without a doubt, the most important new character in Archie history.”
Read more at The Beat.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula
- 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature
- Television First Look: OITNB Season 2 32 min 33 sec ago
- Transgender 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature 1 hour 2 min ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time 1 hour 5 min ago
- Women Why You Need to See Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour STAT 1 hour 11 min ago
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 1 hour 31 min ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 1 hour 35 min ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 1 hour 35 min ago