Takei Plans Lobbying Lunch With Trump
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2012 3:55 PM ET
Celebrity Apprentice contestant and out actor George Takei is setting a lunch date with his "boss," Donald Trump, as an attempt to recruit The Donald as an ally for marriage equality.
Takei, 74, has a tentative lunch date with Trump in April, according to the New York Daily News.
“I think Mr. Trump is a decent, fair-minded guy, and I think we can have a very good discussion,” Takei told the Daily News.
Takei married his husband, Brad Altman, in California in 2008, before Proposition 8 was instituted.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad