Takei Plans Lobbying Lunch With Trump
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2012 3:55 PM ET
Celebrity Apprentice contestant and out actor George Takei is setting a lunch date with his "boss," Donald Trump, as an attempt to recruit The Donald as an ally for marriage equality.
Takei, 74, has a tentative lunch date with Trump in April, according to the New York Daily News.
“I think Mr. Trump is a decent, fair-minded guy, and I think we can have a very good discussion,” Takei told the Daily News.
Takei married his husband, Brad Altman, in California in 2008, before Proposition 8 was instituted.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Infection Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith