Takei Plans Lobbying Lunch With Trump
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2012 3:55 PM ET
Celebrity Apprentice contestant and out actor George Takei is setting a lunch date with his "boss," Donald Trump, as an attempt to recruit The Donald as an ally for marriage equality.
Takei, 74, has a tentative lunch date with Trump in April, according to the New York Daily News.
“I think Mr. Trump is a decent, fair-minded guy, and I think we can have a very good discussion,” Takei told the Daily News.
Takei married his husband, Brad Altman, in California in 2008, before Proposition 8 was instituted.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight