Takei Plans Lobbying Lunch With Trump
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2012 3:55 PM ET
Celebrity Apprentice contestant and out actor George Takei is setting a lunch date with his "boss," Donald Trump, as an attempt to recruit The Donald as an ally for marriage equality.
Takei, 74, has a tentative lunch date with Trump in April, according to the New York Daily News.
“I think Mr. Trump is a decent, fair-minded guy, and I think we can have a very good discussion,” Takei told the Daily News.
Takei married his husband, Brad Altman, in California in 2008, before Proposition 8 was instituted.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'