Takei Plans Lobbying Lunch With Trump
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2012 2:55 PM ET
Celebrity Apprentice contestant and out actor George Takei is setting a lunch date with his "boss," Donald Trump, as an attempt to recruit The Donald as an ally for marriage equality.
Takei, 74, has a tentative lunch date with Trump in April, according to the New York Daily News.
“I think Mr. Trump is a decent, fair-minded guy, and I think we can have a very good discussion,” Takei told the Daily News.
Takei married his husband, Brad Altman, in California in 2008, before Proposition 8 was instituted.
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? 56 min 11 sec ago
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers 1 hour 33 min ago
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts 2 hours 48 min ago
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013 5:00 AM
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM