WATCH: People Respond to Mother Attacking Trans Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 15 2012 9:23 PM ET
A teenager comes out as transgender to an unsympathetic mother in a restaurant as fellow diners react to her saying, "If you were meant to be a girl, you'd have been born a girl."
Both the boy and the mother are actors hired by ABC for an episode of its hidden camera series What Would You Do?, which aired last Friday. Two of the people who spoke up for the teenager were Betsy and Ron, members of both Equality Florida and PFLAG. Huffington Post's Nadine Smith writes that the two "spoke up and engaged them both, comforting the teen and educating the mom."
Watch the video below.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Cute Gay Teen Explains Homosexuality and the Bible
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan