WATCH: People Respond to Mother Attacking Trans Teen
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 15 2012 8:23 PM ET
A teenager comes out as transgender to an unsympathetic mother in a restaurant as fellow diners react to her saying, "If you were meant to be a girl, you'd have been born a girl."
Both the boy and the mother are actors hired by ABC for an episode of its hidden camera series What Would You Do?, which aired last Friday. Two of the people who spoke up for the teenager were Betsy and Ron, members of both Equality Florida and PFLAG. Huffington Post's Nadine Smith writes that the two "spoke up and engaged them both, comforting the teen and educating the mom."
Watch the video below.
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 2 hours 38 min ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM