Switzerland Moves To Legalize Adoption by Gays
BY Neal Broverman
March 17 2012 12:25 PM ET
The upper house of the Swiss parliament on Thursday narrowly approved legalizing adoptions by gay couples.
The Council of States voted 21-19 on the legislation, which would allow gay couples in registered partnerships to adopt. Politicians supporting the new law say it reflects the reality of Swiss families in 2012.
The lower house must now consider the legislation. Read more here.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis