Switzerland Moves To Legalize Adoption by Gays
BY Neal Broverman
March 17 2012 12:25 PM ET
The upper house of the Swiss parliament on Thursday narrowly approved legalizing adoptions by gay couples.
The Council of States voted 21-19 on the legislation, which would allow gay couples in registered partnerships to adopt. Politicians supporting the new law say it reflects the reality of Swiss families in 2012.
The lower house must now consider the legislation. Read more here.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts