Switzerland Moves To Legalize Adoption by Gays
BY Neal Broverman
March 17 2012 12:25 PM ET
The upper house of the Swiss parliament on Thursday narrowly approved legalizing adoptions by gay couples.
The Council of States voted 21-19 on the legislation, which would allow gay couples in registered partnerships to adopt. Politicians supporting the new law say it reflects the reality of Swiss families in 2012.
The lower house must now consider the legislation. Read more here.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About