Switzerland Moves To Legalize Adoption by Gays
BY Neal Broverman
March 17 2012 11:25 AM ET
The upper house of the Swiss parliament on Thursday narrowly approved legalizing adoptions by gay couples.
The Council of States voted 21-19 on the legislation, which would allow gay couples in registered partnerships to adopt. Politicians supporting the new law say it reflects the reality of Swiss families in 2012.
The lower house must now consider the legislation. Read more here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges