Stephanie Miller Joins Current TV Lineup
BY Trudy Ring
March 23 2012 10:05 PM ET
Current TV will get gayer and undoubtedly funnier Monday when it begins simulcast of progressive lesbian Stephanie Miller’s radio talk show.
The cable channel, cofounded by former vice president Al Gore, will simulcast The Stephanie Miller Show from 9 a.m. to noon Eastern time Monday through Friday. Miller (pictured), who came out in 2010, is known for her comedic approach to politics and other topics. Her nationally syndicated show also features sidekicks Jim Ward and Chris Lavoie, regular guests such as Queer as Folk’s Hal Sparks, and interviews with a variety of newsmakers.
Current is adding a simulcast of another liberal talker, Bill Press, to its lineup as well. The Bill Press Show will be on from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Eastern. Like Keith Olbermann and former Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm, who have political talk shows on Current’s prime-time schedule, Press is a staunch straight ally.
Miller and Press “provide the kind of smart, insightful news analysis that our viewers want to hear,” Gore said in a news release. “Bill brings a vital perspective directly from the heart of the Beltway, and Stephanie’s fresh take on politics and news has a decidedly outsider flair. We’re really looking forward to bringing their voices to our viewers.”
Click here to read an Advocate interview with Miller.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad