What Would You Do At An Antigay Bridal Shop?
BY Michelle Garcia
March 24 2012 1:00 PM ET
Last year, New Jersey woman Alix Genter was turned away from a bridal salon after proprietors found out that she was not marrying a man, but instead committing to another woman.
ABC News decided to see what other people would do if faced with the situation of shopping in a bridal salon with another woman who was turned away because of her sexual orientation. The reoccurring special, "What Would You Do?," pits actors in compromising, uncomfortable public situations to see how bystanders would react. This week's scenario took place at a bridal shop in New Jersey, where a lesbian customer is being turned away.
Watch the full episode below:
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM