What Would You Do At An Antigay Bridal Shop?
BY Michelle Garcia
March 24 2012 2:00 PM ET
Last year, New Jersey woman Alix Genter was turned away from a bridal salon after proprietors found out that she was not marrying a man, but instead committing to another woman.
ABC News decided to see what other people would do if faced with the situation of shopping in a bridal salon with another woman who was turned away because of her sexual orientation. The reoccurring special, "What Would You Do?," pits actors in compromising, uncomfortable public situations to see how bystanders would react. This week's scenario took place at a bridal shop in New Jersey, where a lesbian customer is being turned away.
Watch the full episode below:
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride