What Would You Do At An Antigay Bridal Shop?
BY Michelle Garcia
March 24 2012 2:00 PM ET
Last year, New Jersey woman Alix Genter was turned away from a bridal salon after proprietors found out that she was not marrying a man, but instead committing to another woman.
ABC News decided to see what other people would do if faced with the situation of shopping in a bridal salon with another woman who was turned away because of her sexual orientation. The reoccurring special, "What Would You Do?," pits actors in compromising, uncomfortable public situations to see how bystanders would react. This week's scenario took place at a bridal shop in New Jersey, where a lesbian customer is being turned away.
Watch the full episode below:
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- See Me: Derrick Cobb
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday