What Would You Do At An Antigay Bridal Shop?
BY Michelle Garcia
March 24 2012 2:00 PM ET
Last year, New Jersey woman Alix Genter was turned away from a bridal salon after proprietors found out that she was not marrying a man, but instead committing to another woman.
ABC News decided to see what other people would do if faced with the situation of shopping in a bridal salon with another woman who was turned away because of her sexual orientation. The reoccurring special, "What Would You Do?," pits actors in compromising, uncomfortable public situations to see how bystanders would react. This week's scenario took place at a bridal shop in New Jersey, where a lesbian customer is being turned away.
Watch the full episode below:
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Ask a Doctor Why He Supports PrEP
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out