Will Jodie Foster or Julianne Moore Star inRemake?
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 26 2012 6:45 PM ET
Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore are among the actresses being pursued to star as the abusive, religious fanatic mother Margaret White in lesbian director Kimberly Peirce's remake of the horror classic Carrie.
Vulture reports that Chloë Moretz and Haley Bennett are in consideration for the title role, which won a best actress Oscar nomination for Sissy Spacek's performance in the 1976 film adaptation. Peirce, whose 1999 drama Boys Don't Cry won wide acclaim and an Academy Award for its star Hillary Swank as transgender Brandon Teena, will helm the reboot of Stephen King's novel about a teen misfit with telekinetic powers, and has reportedly approached Foster for the role indelibly portrayed by Piper Laurie in the original film. Peirce has also expressed interest in pursuing Moore.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM