Will Jodie Foster or Julianne Moore Star inRemake?
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 26 2012 6:45 PM ET
Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore are among the actresses being pursued to star as the abusive, religious fanatic mother Margaret White in lesbian director Kimberly Peirce's remake of the horror classic Carrie.
Vulture reports that Chloë Moretz and Haley Bennett are in consideration for the title role, which won a best actress Oscar nomination for Sissy Spacek's performance in the 1976 film adaptation. Peirce, whose 1999 drama Boys Don't Cry won wide acclaim and an Academy Award for its star Hillary Swank as transgender Brandon Teena, will helm the reboot of Stephen King's novel about a teen misfit with telekinetic powers, and has reportedly approached Foster for the role indelibly portrayed by Piper Laurie in the original film. Peirce has also expressed interest in pursuing Moore.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under 27 min 27 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality 28 min 52 sec ago
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 2 hours 29 min ago
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM