Will Jodie Foster or Julianne Moore Star inRemake?
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 26 2012 6:45 PM ET
Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore are among the actresses being pursued to star as the abusive, religious fanatic mother Margaret White in lesbian director Kimberly Peirce's remake of the horror classic Carrie.
Vulture reports that Chloë Moretz and Haley Bennett are in consideration for the title role, which won a best actress Oscar nomination for Sissy Spacek's performance in the 1976 film adaptation. Peirce, whose 1999 drama Boys Don't Cry won wide acclaim and an Academy Award for its star Hillary Swank as transgender Brandon Teena, will helm the reboot of Stephen King's novel about a teen misfit with telekinetic powers, and has reportedly approached Foster for the role indelibly portrayed by Piper Laurie in the original film. Peirce has also expressed interest in pursuing Moore.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment