Outfest to Merge With NewFest, Organizers Announce
BY Lucas Grindley
March 27 2012 4:50 PM ET
New York's long-running LGBT film festival, NewFest, is merging with Outfest, organizers announced today.
This year's NewFest, held July 27 through July 30, will be programmed by Outfest as a first step toward becoming one national arts organization.
“Outfest brings a wealth of knowledge and wide-ranging capabilities to NewFest," said the event's co-president of the board, Steve Mendelsohn. He said the new arrangement with Outfest, which is based in Los Angeles, will make for a better festival in New York and expand programming year round.
NewFest is more than 20 years old, and Outfest is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 26 min 49 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 1 hour 37 min ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 1 hour 40 min ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 2 hours 24 min ago
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 2 hours 31 min ago
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 5:07 PM
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 4:50 PM