Right-Wing Activist: Obama Supports “Forced Homosexuality”
BY Trudy Ring
March 27 2012 3:05 PM ET
Right-wing lawyer Mathew Staver has a surprising revelation about President Obama’s administration — one of its goals, he says, is forcing people to be gay.
Staver, chairman of the legal group Liberty Counsel, appeared on the conservative Christian radio show Crosstalk last Friday, telling host Jim Schneider that actions by the administration will ultimately result in “in-your-face forced abortion funding, in-your-face forced homosexuality, and in-your-face deconstruction of moral principles.”
Staver talked at length about Obama’s health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, currently being challenged in the Supreme Court; Liberty Counsel has filed amicus briefs in the case. He apparently based his statement about abortion funding on the act’s mandate for insurance coverage of contraception and sterilization, but he did not offer a basis for the “forced homosexuality” comment.
He also said the administration is “anti-life and anti-liberty,” with an ideology that is “very much pro-abortion and pro-homosexual rights, and that trumps everything,” including the economy and national security.
Right Wing Watch has an audio clip and a transcript of Staver’s most incendiary comments, and audio of the full show is available here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 12 min 40 sec ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 34 min 29 sec ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 46 min 23 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 58 min 56 sec ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 1 hour 14 min ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 18 min ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 1 hour 23 min ago