Stephen Baldwin for Marriage Equality?
BY Trudy Ring
March 27 2012 5:25 PM ET
Actor and conservative Christian activist Stephen Baldwin appears to have shaken up his Etch-a-Sketch where marriage equality is concerned, telling Rosie O’Donnell that gay couples should “absolutely” have the right to legal unions.
On Friday’s edition of The Rosie Show, the host brought up Baldwin’s support for actor Kirk Cameron, who recently made antigay comments in an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan. She asked Baldwin if gay partners should be able to marry, and he replied “Yes — meaning, in their world.” O’Donnell said, “Well, not in your church. Just legally in a union.” Baldwin responded, “Absolutely.”
In a 2010 interview with London’s Observer, however, Baldwin was asked for his stance on legal recognition of same-sex partnerships and answered, “I don’t believe that any minority has the right to create changes that impact on the majority.” And last year he told a Wall Street Journal interviewer that gay people seeking marriage rights are “a very small minority” asking the majority of Americans to change their ways.
Watch the interview with O’Donnell below.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 2 hours 49 min ago
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM