Stephen Baldwin for Marriage Equality?
BY Trudy Ring
March 27 2012 4:25 PM ET
Actor and conservative Christian activist Stephen Baldwin appears to have shaken up his Etch-a-Sketch where marriage equality is concerned, telling Rosie O’Donnell that gay couples should “absolutely” have the right to legal unions.
On Friday’s edition of The Rosie Show, the host brought up Baldwin’s support for actor Kirk Cameron, who recently made antigay comments in an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan. She asked Baldwin if gay partners should be able to marry, and he replied “Yes — meaning, in their world.” O’Donnell said, “Well, not in your church. Just legally in a union.” Baldwin responded, “Absolutely.”
In a 2010 interview with London’s Observer, however, Baldwin was asked for his stance on legal recognition of same-sex partnerships and answered, “I don’t believe that any minority has the right to create changes that impact on the majority.” And last year he told a Wall Street Journal interviewer that gay people seeking marriage rights are “a very small minority” asking the majority of Americans to change their ways.
Watch the interview with O’Donnell below.
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 39 min 55 sec ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 40 min 26 sec ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 1 hour 1 min ago
- World News Two Gay Men Now Lead Luxembourg 1 hour 16 min ago
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 2 hours 50 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 10:42 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM