Stephen Baldwin for Marriage Equality?
BY Trudy Ring
March 27 2012 5:25 PM ET
Actor and conservative Christian activist Stephen Baldwin appears to have shaken up his Etch-a-Sketch where marriage equality is concerned, telling Rosie O’Donnell that gay couples should “absolutely” have the right to legal unions.
On Friday’s edition of The Rosie Show, the host brought up Baldwin’s support for actor Kirk Cameron, who recently made antigay comments in an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan. She asked Baldwin if gay partners should be able to marry, and he replied “Yes — meaning, in their world.” O’Donnell said, “Well, not in your church. Just legally in a union.” Baldwin responded, “Absolutely.”
In a 2010 interview with London’s Observer, however, Baldwin was asked for his stance on legal recognition of same-sex partnerships and answered, “I don’t believe that any minority has the right to create changes that impact on the majority.” And last year he told a Wall Street Journal interviewer that gay people seeking marriage rights are “a very small minority” asking the majority of Americans to change their ways.
Watch the interview with O’Donnell below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM