WATCH: Kristen Bell Says, "It Breaks My Heart That Gay Americans Can't Marry"
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 28 2012 11:20 AM ET
Actress Kristen Bell says “It breaks my heart that millions of gay Americans can’t marry the one they love” in a new ad for the Human Rights Campaign.
Bell's video message is part of HRC's Americans for Marriage Equality, a campaign which features prominent Americans who support committed gay and lesbian couples getting married.
Bell, who stars in Showtime's House of Lies series and the upcoming film Hit & Run opposite fiance Sax Shepard and Bradley Cooper, is a longtime advocate for LGBT equality. Earlier this year Bell spoke to The Advocate about marriage equality. "The reason we’re not rushing to get married is because I don’t feel appropriate taking advantage of a right that’s denied to my best friends," she said. "That’s why we’ve been so hesitant. Dax and I have talked about it a lot, and this issue is very important to both of us. We’re just standing up for what we believe in."
Read our interview with Bell here. Watch the video below.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself