WATCH: Kristen Bell Says, "It Breaks My Heart That Gay Americans Can't Marry"
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 28 2012 11:20 AM ET
Actress Kristen Bell says “It breaks my heart that millions of gay Americans can’t marry the one they love” in a new ad for the Human Rights Campaign.
Bell's video message is part of HRC's Americans for Marriage Equality, a campaign which features prominent Americans who support committed gay and lesbian couples getting married.
Bell, who stars in Showtime's House of Lies series and the upcoming film Hit & Run opposite fiance Sax Shepard and Bradley Cooper, is a longtime advocate for LGBT equality. Earlier this year Bell spoke to The Advocate about marriage equality. "The reason we’re not rushing to get married is because I don’t feel appropriate taking advantage of a right that’s denied to my best friends," she said. "That’s why we’ve been so hesitant. Dax and I have talked about it a lot, and this issue is very important to both of us. We’re just standing up for what we believe in."
Read our interview with Bell here. Watch the video below.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Gun Advocate Uses Gays To Make His Point 11 min 59 sec ago
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 1 hour 48 min ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 2 hours 1 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM