WATCH: Kristen Bell Says, "It Breaks My Heart That Gay Americans Can't Marry"
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 28 2012 10:20 AM ET
Actress Kristen Bell says “It breaks my heart that millions of gay Americans can’t marry the one they love” in a new ad for the Human Rights Campaign.
Bell's video message is part of HRC's Americans for Marriage Equality, a campaign which features prominent Americans who support committed gay and lesbian couples getting married.
Bell, who stars in Showtime's House of Lies series and the upcoming film Hit & Run opposite fiance Sax Shepard and Bradley Cooper, is a longtime advocate for LGBT equality. Earlier this year Bell spoke to The Advocate about marriage equality. "The reason we’re not rushing to get married is because I don’t feel appropriate taking advantage of a right that’s denied to my best friends," she said. "That’s why we’ve been so hesitant. Dax and I have talked about it a lot, and this issue is very important to both of us. We’re just standing up for what we believe in."
Read our interview with Bell here. Watch the video below.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM