WATCH: Kristen Bell Says, "It Breaks My Heart That Gay Americans Can't Marry"
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 28 2012 10:20 AM ET
Actress Kristen Bell says “It breaks my heart that millions of gay Americans can’t marry the one they love” in a new ad for the Human Rights Campaign.
Bell's video message is part of HRC's Americans for Marriage Equality, a campaign which features prominent Americans who support committed gay and lesbian couples getting married.
Bell, who stars in Showtime's House of Lies series and the upcoming film Hit & Run opposite fiance Sax Shepard and Bradley Cooper, is a longtime advocate for LGBT equality. Earlier this year Bell spoke to The Advocate about marriage equality. "The reason we’re not rushing to get married is because I don’t feel appropriate taking advantage of a right that’s denied to my best friends," she said. "That’s why we’ve been so hesitant. Dax and I have talked about it a lot, and this issue is very important to both of us. We’re just standing up for what we believe in."
Read our interview with Bell here. Watch the video below.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court 1 hour 13 min ago
- HIV & AIDS There Are Other Ways to Prevent HIV Besides Condoms 1 hour 15 min ago
- HIV & AIDS The Crisis in Prevention for the Gay Community 1 hour 16 min ago
- Entertainment News Listen to The Sound Of Music Live Soundtrack with Carrie Underwood 2 hours 17 min ago
- Travel Berlin's Best Neighborhoods: A Primer 2 hours 22 min ago
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 10:38 AM
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 10:32 AM