Boy George Assaulted Outside Club, Tweets Photos
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 04 2012 7:13 PM ET
Singer-DJ Boy George tweeted a photo of his black eye after being assaulted outside a nightclub last Saturday.
The 50-year-old entertainer, born George O'Dowd and known for hits such as "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" with his band Culture Club, was reportedly involved in an altercation with a female fan who stole his hat outside Amadeus, a nightclub in North Yorkshire, England, according to the Daily Mail. "George was leaving the club when, the club management have said, a drunken and aggressive woman lunged for his hat — and in doing so hit him in the eye," the paper reports.
"Someone pulled off my hat and in the struggle to get it back I got poked in the eye!" O'Dowd tweeted following the incident.
Someone on O'Dowd's wardrobe quickly customized a pair of sunglasses to disguise the injury for his DJing gig the next night. O'Dowd also tweeted a photo, saying, "'Looking pretty after being assaulted on Saturday night! Nice!'...The genius of Christine! One eye Joe! I have a gig so had to be clever! Quite Left Eye innit!"
No charges have been filed in the assault.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids