Boy George Assaulted Outside Club, Tweets Photos
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 04 2012 7:13 PM ET
Singer-DJ Boy George tweeted a photo of his black eye after being assaulted outside a nightclub last Saturday.
The 50-year-old entertainer, born George O'Dowd and known for hits such as "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" with his band Culture Club, was reportedly involved in an altercation with a female fan who stole his hat outside Amadeus, a nightclub in North Yorkshire, England, according to the Daily Mail. "George was leaving the club when, the club management have said, a drunken and aggressive woman lunged for his hat — and in doing so hit him in the eye," the paper reports.
"Someone pulled off my hat and in the struggle to get it back I got poked in the eye!" O'Dowd tweeted following the incident.
Someone on O'Dowd's wardrobe quickly customized a pair of sunglasses to disguise the injury for his DJing gig the next night. O'Dowd also tweeted a photo, saying, "'Looking pretty after being assaulted on Saturday night! Nice!'...The genius of Christine! One eye Joe! I have a gig so had to be clever! Quite Left Eye innit!"
No charges have been filed in the assault.
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 38 min 48 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 53 min 21 sec ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 56 min 9 sec ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to Their Child Coming Out 1 hour 10 min ago
- Pride Will Lithuania Ban Pride Parades? 1 hour 12 min ago
- Women WATCH: Meet Orphan Black's New Clone! 1 hour 12 min ago
- Women Who the F Is ... Dolly Wilde 1 hour 35 min ago