WATCH: Cybill Shepherd Says "We All Deserve Marriage Equality"
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 04 2012 3:33 PM ET
Award-winning actress Cybill Shepherd says “I believe we are all equal in the eyes of the law, and therefore we all deserve marriage equality” in a new ad for the Human Rights Campaign.
Shepherd's video message is part of HRC's Americans for Marriage Equality, a campaign that features prominent Americans who support committed gay and lesbian couples getting married. Shepherd, a longtime advocate for LGBT equality, is the mother of two lesbian daughters, Clementine Ford and Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim. The actress, who previously starred in the lesbian-themed series The L Word, will next appear in The Client List, which premieres Sunday on Lifetime.
Watch the video below.
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple