WATCH: Cybill Shepherd Says "We All Deserve Marriage Equality"
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 04 2012 2:33 PM ET
Award-winning actress Cybill Shepherd says “I believe we are all equal in the eyes of the law, and therefore we all deserve marriage equality” in a new ad for the Human Rights Campaign.
Shepherd's video message is part of HRC's Americans for Marriage Equality, a campaign that features prominent Americans who support committed gay and lesbian couples getting married. Shepherd, a longtime advocate for LGBT equality, is the mother of two lesbian daughters, Clementine Ford and Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim. The actress, who previously starred in the lesbian-themed series The L Word, will next appear in The Client List, which premieres Sunday on Lifetime.
Watch the video below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment