BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 5:27 PM ET
7. MUSIC: Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, Nicki Minaj
Hip-hop's most colorful personality returns with an incredibly schizophrenic album (which, despite the title, is not a sequel to her debut disc) that allows her to show every facet of her talent, featuring radio-friendly pop songs, dance tracks, and the mad rap skills that first brought her to the attention of music fans. Minaj also delivers more of her trademark playful and very explicit rhymes on tracks such as "Come on a Cone."
6. DVD/VOD: Albert Nobbs/The Iron Lady
Glenn Close’s passion project Albert Nobbs (available Tuesday on video on demand and pay-per-view, out on DVD a month later) offered the distinguished actress one of her most indelible roles, as a woman living as a male hotel butler to survive desperate circumstances in 19th-century Ireland. Meryl Streep is remarkable (even by her standards) as controversial British prime minister Margaret Thatcher in out director Phyllida Lloyd's intimate bio The Iron Lady (on DVD Tuesday).
5. EVENT: The White Party
The venerable Palm Springs event, filled with pool parties and pulsating dance floors, goes 3D this weekend. Producer Jeffrey Sanker says to expect “bigger and bolder LED and visual displays and immense stage and platform structures designed to stretch the limits of your imagination, the only lenses needed are your shades.” Plus there's a concert by Mary J. Blige! For information go to JeffreySanker.com.
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 2 hours 22 min ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM