BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 5:27 PM ET
4. BOOK: Livwise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life
Ever wonder why Olivia Newton-John, at 62, still looks so fit, healthy, and luminous? Nutrition is at least partly responsible. The iconic superstar and self-proclaimed breast cancer "thriver" has compiled recipes and mouthwatering photos of some of her favorite dishes from Gaia, her Australian heath retreat for her first cookbook (Lyons Press, $27.50). Royalties from the book will benefit the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre in her hometown of Melbourne, Australia. Order it here.
3. DVD: A Streetcar Named Desire
"I don't want realism," Blanche DuBois famously proclaims in A Streetcar Named Desire. "I want magic." Both qualities are vividly on display in Elia Kazan's landmark 1951 film adaptation (now available on Blu-ray) of Tennessee Williams’s most enduring play. You’ll search in vain to find two more brilliant performances than those of Vivien Leigh as fragile, doomed Blanche and Marlon Brando as brutish Stanley Kowalski.
2. THEATRE: Evita
What's new, Buenos Aires? With his trademark megawatt charisma and swagger, Ricky Martin makes a triumphant return to Broadway as Che, voice of the people and tormenter of Argentine first lady Eva Peron (Olivier Award–winner Elena Roger, who actually hails from Argentina), in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's beloved musical Evita. Open-ended run at New York's Marquis Theatre. For tickets and more information go to EvitaOnBroadway.com.
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM