Stand by Your Man?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 12 2010 2:05 PM ET
Laura Bush has hinted in previous interviews that she’s more supportive of gay rights than her husband, but Tuesday she made it official when she told Larry King she supports marriage equality.
The former first lady isn’t the first political spouse to differ from her husband on gay issues. From Elizabeth Edwards to Cindy McCain, take a look at a few other political wives who have distanced themselves from their husbands when it comes to equal rights.
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 1 hour 36 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 1 hour 36 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 1 hour 40 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 1 hour 52 min ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 2 hours 35 min ago
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 2 hours 37 min ago
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM