Stand by Your Man?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 12 2010 1:05 PM ET
Laura Bush has hinted in previous interviews that she’s more supportive of gay rights than her husband, but Tuesday she made it official when she told Larry King she supports marriage equality.
The former first lady isn’t the first political spouse to differ from her husband on gay issues. From Elizabeth Edwards to Cindy McCain, take a look at a few other political wives who have distanced themselves from their husbands when it comes to equal rights.
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 5 min 40 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 46 min 30 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1 hour 29 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 1 hour 29 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 1 hour 50 min ago
- World News Two Gay Men Now Lead Luxembourg 2 hours 5 min ago
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 2 hours 50 min ago