Newsmakers of the Year
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 29 2010 11:45 AM ET
If "equality is the prime rib of America,” then we know who we’d hire to be our butcher. The 24-year-old subversive siren has never been reticent to exalt all things gay, but it wasn’t until this year that Lady Gaga truly put her influence (and a Twitter following that dwarfs President Obama’s) to work. She presided over rallies, called senators, was chaperoned by gay service members to the MTV Video Music Awards, and struck up a Tweetship of sorts with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who thanked her directly after the successful vote.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)