Newsmakers of the Year
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 29 2010 11:45 AM ET
If "equality is the prime rib of America,” then we know who we’d hire to be our butcher. The 24-year-old subversive siren has never been reticent to exalt all things gay, but it wasn’t until this year that Lady Gaga truly put her influence (and a Twitter following that dwarfs President Obama’s) to work. She presided over rallies, called senators, was chaperoned by gay service members to the MTV Video Music Awards, and struck up a Tweetship of sorts with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who thanked her directly after the successful vote.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Booing Jennicet Was Wrong, But Was What She Did Worse?
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor