A Straight Year on the Gay Rodeo
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 17 2011 4:00 AM ET
May 30, 2011 — Las Vegas
“The IGRA is officially one of those rare organizations that make you want to be a better person. All year long, I’ve been filming its enthusiasm for raising money for local charities, but tonight witnessing the IGRA’s generous spirit was a privilege. When one of the IGRA’s own cowgirls discovered she had cancer, her friends at the rodeo quickly came to her aid to help pay for chemo treatments — through an impromptu auction and 'drag dance,' they raised a couple thousand dollars in a matter of minutes, and all with their friend on speakerphone.”
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- BREAKING: This Year's Michigan Womyn's Music Festival Will Be the Last
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps