A Straight Year on the Gay Rodeo
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 17 2011 4:00 AM ET
May 30, 2011 — Las Vegas
“The IGRA is officially one of those rare organizations that make you want to be a better person. All year long, I’ve been filming its enthusiasm for raising money for local charities, but tonight witnessing the IGRA’s generous spirit was a privilege. When one of the IGRA’s own cowgirls discovered she had cancer, her friends at the rodeo quickly came to her aid to help pay for chemo treatments — through an impromptu auction and 'drag dance,' they raised a couple thousand dollars in a matter of minutes, and all with their friend on speakerphone.”
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'