I Advocate: A Few of Neal's Favorite Things...
BY Neal Broverman
December 01 2011 5:00 AM ET
...Reading to Kids
This is a great organization based in Los Angeles. On the website you're directed to an elementary school where you spend about 90 minutes reading to children and then asking their thoughts on the story. Many of the kids are not native speakers, so it's wonderful for their English comprehension. It also instills a love of reading and gives the kids' poor parents a little break. ReadingToKids.org
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community