I Advocate: A Few of Neal's Favorite Things...
BY Neal Broverman
December 01 2011 5:00 AM ET
...Reading to Kids
This is a great organization based in Los Angeles. On the website you're directed to an elementary school where you spend about 90 minutes reading to children and then asking their thoughts on the story. Many of the kids are not native speakers, so it's wonderful for their English comprehension. It also instills a love of reading and gives the kids' poor parents a little break. ReadingToKids.org
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'