I Advocate: A Few of Neal's Favorite Things...
BY Neal Broverman
December 01 2011 5:00 AM ET
...Reading to Kids
This is a great organization based in Los Angeles. On the website you're directed to an elementary school where you spend about 90 minutes reading to children and then asking their thoughts on the story. Many of the kids are not native speakers, so it's wonderful for their English comprehension. It also instills a love of reading and gives the kids' poor parents a little break. ReadingToKids.org
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- Will South Dakota Student Athletes Have to Undergo Genital Exams?