I Advocate: A Few of Neal's Favorite Things...
BY Neal Broverman
December 01 2011 5:00 AM ET
...Reading to Kids
This is a great organization based in Los Angeles. On the website you're directed to an elementary school where you spend about 90 minutes reading to children and then asking their thoughts on the story. Many of the kids are not native speakers, so it's wonderful for their English comprehension. It also instills a love of reading and gives the kids' poor parents a little break. ReadingToKids.org
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Trans Actress Michelle Hendley on Trans Rom-Com Boy Meets Girl