I Advocate: A Few of Jeremy's Favorite Things ...
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 02 2011 5:00 AM ET
…Jeff Griffith Youth Center
For 40 years L.A.’s Gay and Lesbian Center has educated, empowered, entertained, and healed the LGBT community of Los Angeles. Among its countless notable achievements is the Jeff Griffith Youth Center, which was established in 1995 to aid homeless LGBT youth. This non-profit provides young people between ages18 and 24 with clothing, counseling, three hot meals each day, shelter, showers, employment training, job placement, and the basic skills necessary to make the transition to independent living—all within an environment in which they can interact with others like themselves. I can’t imagine what the streets of Los Angeles would be like without this essential facility.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law