An Easter Treat: Our Religious Allies
BY Trudy Ring
April 06 2012 1:12 PM ET
In addition to the books listed on previous pages, there are
many other sources of good news for LGBT people of various faiths. Mormon
Stories, a support community for LGBT Mormons, will hold a conference,
“Circling the Wagons,” in Washington, D.C., April 20-22. Keynote speakers will
be Carol Lynn Pearson, whose book No More Goodbyes: Circling the Wagons
Around Our Gay Loved Ones calls for Mormons
to become more welcoming to LGBT people, and Mitch Mayne, a gay man who serves
as executive secretary to his Mormon bishop.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- After Years of Hiding in Hollywood, Trans Actress Trace Lysette Is Finally 'Living Out Loud'