An Easter Treat: Our Religious Allies
BY Trudy Ring
April 06 2012 1:12 PM ET
In addition to the books listed on previous pages, there are
many other sources of good news for LGBT people of various faiths. Mormon
Stories, a support community for LGBT Mormons, will hold a conference,
“Circling the Wagons,” in Washington, D.C., April 20-22. Keynote speakers will
be Carol Lynn Pearson, whose book No More Goodbyes: Circling the Wagons
Around Our Gay Loved Ones calls for Mormons
to become more welcoming to LGBT people, and Mitch Mayne, a gay man who serves
as executive secretary to his Mormon bishop.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People