PHOTOS: Anti-Putin Protests Spread
BY Lucas Grindley
August 12 2013 5:00 AM ET
Britain puts on a Putin face.
Hundreds of ralliers gathered nearby the home of Prime Minister David Cameron, who said his country would not boycott the Olympics in Russia. "I share your deep concern about the abuse of gay people in Russia," Cameron wrote on Twitter in response to activist Stephen Fry. "However, I believe we can better challenge prejudice as we attend, rather than boycotting the Winter Olympics."
Members of Pussy Riot remain in prison but haven't backed down from even slight chances to speak out, with one member condeming Putin's government during a parole hearing.
A slogan that has crossed a few minds lately is on display.
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 2 hours 39 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 2 hours 40 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 2 hours 43 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 2 hours 55 min ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 6:01 AM
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 6:00 AM
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM