PHOTOS: Protesters Challenge Antigay Laws In Moscow, Kiev
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2013 5:00 AM ET
Police officers detained activist Nikolai Alexeyev over an unauthorized protest against Russian laws banning so-called gay propaganda that might be accessible to minors. The protest was held outside the headquarters of the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee in central Moscow on Wednesday.
A partly visible poster reads, "Homophobia is the shame of Russia!" (Read more about the protest)
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- In the Galleries: Are We Different?