'The Fiscal Cliff' as Explained By Mr. Burns
BY Lucas Grindley
December 07 2012 3:45 PM ET
Even in the world of The Simpsons, the fiscal cliff is looking ominous.
A video message from Mr. Montogmery Burns opens on the depressed and defeated looking tycoon slumped in a wingback chair, with a copy of a book titled "Nate Silver Can't Add" cast onto the floor.
"Any word from Karl Rove?" Burns asks his gay assistant.
"Sir, despite what he's been telling you, it's over. Romney lost."
And so Burns explains to us the consequences Americans now face if we cross over the "fiscal cliff." In a more serious take, a group of gay and lesbian millionaires including financial adviser Suze Orman warned in a letter to congressional leaders this week that the effects would specifically hurt the LGBT community.
Watch Burns' take below.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps