'The Fiscal Cliff' as Explained By Mr. Burns
BY Lucas Grindley
December 07 2012 3:45 PM ET
Even in the world of The Simpsons, the fiscal cliff is looking ominous.
A video message from Mr. Montogmery Burns opens on the depressed and defeated looking tycoon slumped in a wingback chair, with a copy of a book titled "Nate Silver Can't Add" cast onto the floor.
"Any word from Karl Rove?" Burns asks his gay assistant.
"Sir, despite what he's been telling you, it's over. Romney lost."
And so Burns explains to us the consequences Americans now face if we cross over the "fiscal cliff." In a more serious take, a group of gay and lesbian millionaires including financial adviser Suze Orman warned in a letter to congressional leaders this week that the effects would specifically hurt the LGBT community.
Watch Burns' take below.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups