'The Fiscal Cliff' as Explained By Mr. Burns
BY Lucas Grindley
December 07 2012 3:45 PM ET
Even in the world of The Simpsons, the fiscal cliff is looking ominous.
A video message from Mr. Montogmery Burns opens on the depressed and defeated looking tycoon slumped in a wingback chair, with a copy of a book titled "Nate Silver Can't Add" cast onto the floor.
"Any word from Karl Rove?" Burns asks his gay assistant.
"Sir, despite what he's been telling you, it's over. Romney lost."
And so Burns explains to us the consequences Americans now face if we cross over the "fiscal cliff." In a more serious take, a group of gay and lesbian millionaires including financial adviser Suze Orman warned in a letter to congressional leaders this week that the effects would specifically hurt the LGBT community.
Watch Burns' take below.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Armond White: The Long Day Closes Is The Greatest Gay Film Ever Made
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Op-ed: Why The Gay Panic Defense Must Go
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men