'The Fiscal Cliff' as Explained By Mr. Burns
BY Lucas Grindley
December 07 2012 2:45 PM ET
Even in the world of The Simpsons, the fiscal cliff is looking ominous.
A video message from Mr. Montogmery Burns opens on the depressed and defeated looking tycoon slumped in a wingback chair, with a copy of a book titled "Nate Silver Can't Add" cast onto the floor.
"Any word from Karl Rove?" Burns asks his gay assistant.
"Sir, despite what he's been telling you, it's over. Romney lost."
And so Burns explains to us the consequences Americans now face if we cross over the "fiscal cliff." In a more serious take, a group of gay and lesbian millionaires including financial adviser Suze Orman warned in a letter to congressional leaders this week that the effects would specifically hurt the LGBT community.
Watch Burns' take below.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone