Go Inside Family Equality Council's Star-Studded Awards Dinner
BY Lucas Grindley
February 12 2014 3:30 PM ET
Melissa Etheridge joked that the big awards dinner was her first adult interaction of the day. She is a mom to four. Her performance of "Uprising of Love," a song protesting the antigay laws and culture of Russia, capped the evening's program. Listen to her story above of finding the right soccer shorts for her daughter, followed by the athem. She attended the event with her partner Linda Wallem.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- How Proud Is the Proud Whopper?
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family