Go Inside Family Equality Council's Star-Studded Awards Dinner
BY Lucas Grindley
February 12 2014 3:30 PM ET
Melissa Etheridge joked that the big awards dinner was her first adult interaction of the day. She is a mom to four. Her performance of "Uprising of Love," a song protesting the antigay laws and culture of Russia, capped the evening's program. Listen to her story above of finding the right soccer shorts for her daughter, followed by the athem. She attended the event with her partner Linda Wallem.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- The U.S. Cities With the Highest, Lowest Percentage of LGBTs