Go Inside Family Equality Council's Star-Studded Awards Dinner
BY Lucas Grindley
February 12 2014 3:30 PM ET
Melissa Etheridge joked that the big awards dinner was her first adult interaction of the day. She is a mom to four. Her performance of "Uprising of Love," a song protesting the antigay laws and culture of Russia, capped the evening's program. Listen to her story above of finding the right soccer shorts for her daughter, followed by the athem. She attended the event with her partner Linda Wallem.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.