10 Reasons I Have Pride in Parenting
BY Frank Lowe
June 19 2014 8:45 AM ET
10. In all seriousness (for once — this is a rare moment), nothing is better than knowing we are forming an amazing person. He will grow up open-minded and accepting and with a much different worldview than his peers. He has a unique set of challenges that we, as his gay dads, will help him overcome. He is the future.
Take some time this month to reflect what you have pride in, whether it’s a tongue-in-cheek list like mine or a cathartic exercise you didn’t know you needed. We all have endured different kinds of hardships, and this is the month that we honor them and be thankful for the progress that is happening all around us.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Op-ed: This 12-Year-Old With Two Moms Has a Plea for All Teens
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'