WATCH: Binge on This
BY Frank Lowe
June 25 2014 8:00 AM ET
A couple of months back, I wrote about the premiere of my YouTube show starring my son and me, called Driving Mr. Briggs. Since then, I have released a total of five episodes and racked up around 52,000 views total.
That is a significant number considering I am new to that arena and my show format is different from the standard vlog that makes superstars. Essentially, I just film what happens in the car when I’m driving my little man around – which is always. The purpose of it is to show whomever watches it what the dynamic is between a gay parent and his kid. The response has been wonderful — parents (straight or gay) can relate to it because it’s similar to what they experience, and nonparents love it because it makes parenting look fun. To top things off, my kid consistently steals the show, and I would have it no other way.
If you have missed them, here are all five, in order — something great to watch if you are having a slow day at work or just want to smile! More episodes will be coming soon!
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame