Video: N.C. Senator Kay Hagan Slams Amendment One
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2012 6:35 PM ET
With less than two weeks to go before North Carolina voters decide Amendment One, the state's U.S. senator Kay Hagan has offered video testimony as to why it should be rejected.
“I believe that Amendment One has far-reaching, negative consequences for our families, our children, and our communities,” Hagan said in a new video for the Coalition to Protect All NC Families, which is fighting the proposed state constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage as well as any other form of relationship recognition for gay couples.
“And I do not believe there is any reason that we should amend our state’s constitution to take away people’s rights,” Hagan said.
Watch the video below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship