Video: N.C. Senator Kay Hagan Slams Amendment One
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2012 7:35 PM ET
With less than two weeks to go before North Carolina voters decide Amendment One, the state's U.S. senator Kay Hagan has offered video testimony as to why it should be rejected.
“I believe that Amendment One has far-reaching, negative consequences for our families, our children, and our communities,” Hagan said in a new video for the Coalition to Protect All NC Families, which is fighting the proposed state constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage as well as any other form of relationship recognition for gay couples.
“And I do not believe there is any reason that we should amend our state’s constitution to take away people’s rights,” Hagan said.
Watch the video below.
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers