Video: N.C. Senator Kay Hagan Slams Amendment One
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2012 7:35 PM ET
With less than two weeks to go before North Carolina voters decide Amendment One, the state's U.S. senator Kay Hagan has offered video testimony as to why it should be rejected.
“I believe that Amendment One has far-reaching, negative consequences for our families, our children, and our communities,” Hagan said in a new video for the Coalition to Protect All NC Families, which is fighting the proposed state constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage as well as any other form of relationship recognition for gay couples.
“And I do not believe there is any reason that we should amend our state’s constitution to take away people’s rights,” Hagan said.
Watch the video below.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!