WATCH: New Obama Campaign Video Touts Support For LGBT Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 23 2012 5:43 PM ET
President Obama says there wasn't a single moment in which LGBT issues became important to him but rather it's an accumulation of a lifetime of friends and family who have helped him understand how the fight for equality is consistent with the most important America's character, which is to expand opportunity and fairness to everybody.
"We've seen a profound cultural shift just in the last decade," Obama states in a just released video. The president also reveals he was saddened by the deaths of young people who were bullied for being gay describes the impact of a meeting with Judy Shepard, mother of hate crime victim Matthew.
Watch the video, narrated by Jane Lynch, below.
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- WATCH: John Oliver Explains the Equality Act
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude