WATCH: New Obama Campaign Video Touts Support For LGBT Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 23 2012 4:43 PM ET
President Obama says there wasn't a single moment in which LGBT issues became important to him but rather it's an accumulation of a lifetime of friends and family who have helped him understand how the fight for equality is consistent with the most important America's character, which is to expand opportunity and fairness to everybody.
"We've seen a profound cultural shift just in the last decade," Obama states in a just released video. The president also reveals he was saddened by the deaths of young people who were bullied for being gay describes the impact of a meeting with Judy Shepard, mother of hate crime victim Matthew.
Watch the video, narrated by Jane Lynch, below.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 47 min 10 sec ago
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 2 hours 56 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM