City's Pride Proclamation Ends With Police Called
BY Lucas Grindley
June 07 2012 5:35 PM ET
When one man stood during a city council meeting and proudly laughed at the idea of a gay kid committing suicide, it brought activists back for the next meeting. And this time their voices outweighed his.
KGO-TV in San Francisco reports that Richmond resident Mark Wassberg reacted to a proclamation during the first meeting that June would be LGBT Pride month by getting up and laughing about suicide.
LGBT students from the RYSE center had given a presentation about the month, and they told KGO-TV they were left angered by what they got in return. So the activists returned for the next meeting with more backup. Wassberg was there and again spoke out.
Watch the reports below to see what happened next.
About the First Meeting:
About the Second Meeting:
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead