City's Pride Proclamation Ends With Police Called
BY Lucas Grindley
June 07 2012 5:35 PM ET
When one man stood during a city council meeting and proudly laughed at the idea of a gay kid committing suicide, it brought activists back for the next meeting. And this time their voices outweighed his.
KGO-TV in San Francisco reports that Richmond resident Mark Wassberg reacted to a proclamation during the first meeting that June would be LGBT Pride month by getting up and laughing about suicide.
LGBT students from the RYSE center had given a presentation about the month, and they told KGO-TV they were left angered by what they got in return. So the activists returned for the next meeting with more backup. Wassberg was there and again spoke out.
Watch the reports below to see what happened next.
About the First Meeting:
About the Second Meeting:
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 1 hour 2 min ago
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 1 hour 10 min ago
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM