City's Pride Proclamation Ends With Police Called
BY Lucas Grindley
June 07 2012 5:35 PM ET
When one man stood during a city council meeting and proudly laughed at the idea of a gay kid committing suicide, it brought activists back for the next meeting. And this time their voices outweighed his.
KGO-TV in San Francisco reports that Richmond resident Mark Wassberg reacted to a proclamation during the first meeting that June would be LGBT Pride month by getting up and laughing about suicide.
LGBT students from the RYSE center had given a presentation about the month, and they told KGO-TV they were left angered by what they got in return. So the activists returned for the next meeting with more backup. Wassberg was there and again spoke out.
Watch the reports below to see what happened next.
About the First Meeting:
About the Second Meeting:
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 1 hour 19 min ago
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 1 hour 55 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM