Police, Helicopter, Water Cannon Called in to Defend Pride March
BY Lucas Grindley
June 09 2012 12:28 PM ET
The second week of Pride month includes events all over the world. But A gay pride parade in Croatia that has police on high alert Saturday is a reminder of what's at stake.
The Associated Press reports that hundreds of people, including some government officials, are marching through the town of Split with banners reading "Gay is OK" and "We are all equal." But that's brought out riot police, a helicopter and a water cannon on standby.
Last year the event was sieged by opposition who threw bottle and rocks. See what the event looks like this year in photos on the following pages.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Newlywed Photos That Will Make Kim Davis's Head Spin
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling