PHOTOS: Marriage Equality, One Year Later, Marked at NYC Pride
BY Julie Bolcer
June 25 2012 8:39 AM ET
The Democratic governor, who received national attention for his effort to pass the bill in a Republican-controlled senate, indicated that he would continue to play an active role. Ballot initiatives are pending this November in Maryland, Washington, Maine, and Minnesota.
“I support marriage equality obviously all across the country and anything I can do to help, I will,” he said when asked his position on the state referendums. “Wherever there’s marriage equality, I will support it.”
The route took marchers down the wide expanse of Fifth Avenue in Midtown before turning into the narrower streets of the West Village. Layers of spectators roared outside the Stonewall Inn, site of the 1969 riots credited with sparking the modern LGBT civil rights movement.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 30 min 44 sec ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 1 hour 12 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 1 hour 14 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 1 hour 14 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 43 min ago