PHOTOS: Marriage Equality, One Year Later, Marked at NYC Pride
BY Julie Bolcer
June 25 2012 8:39 AM ET
The Democratic governor, who received national attention for his effort to pass the bill in a Republican-controlled senate, indicated that he would continue to play an active role. Ballot initiatives are pending this November in Maryland, Washington, Maine, and Minnesota.
“I support marriage equality obviously all across the country and anything I can do to help, I will,” he said when asked his position on the state referendums. “Wherever there’s marriage equality, I will support it.”
The route took marchers down the wide expanse of Fifth Avenue in Midtown before turning into the narrower streets of the West Village. Layers of spectators roared outside the Stonewall Inn, site of the 1969 riots credited with sparking the modern LGBT civil rights movement.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM