PHOTOS: Marriage Equality, One Year Later, Marked at NYC Pride
BY Julie Bolcer
June 25 2012 8:39 AM ET
The Democratic governor, who received national attention for his effort to pass the bill in a Republican-controlled senate, indicated that he would continue to play an active role. Ballot initiatives are pending this November in Maryland, Washington, Maine, and Minnesota.
“I support marriage equality obviously all across the country and anything I can do to help, I will,” he said when asked his position on the state referendums. “Wherever there’s marriage equality, I will support it.”
The route took marchers down the wide expanse of Fifth Avenue in Midtown before turning into the narrower streets of the West Village. Layers of spectators roared outside the Stonewall Inn, site of the 1969 riots credited with sparking the modern LGBT civil rights movement.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment