PHOTOS: Marriage Equality, One Year Later, Marked at NYC Pride
BY Julie Bolcer
June 25 2012 8:39 AM ET
Revelers squirt Senator Charles Schumer with a water gun during the march. The annual civil rights demonstration commemorates the Stonewall riots of 1969, which erupted after a police raid on a gay bar, the Stonewall Inn on Christopher Street.
The Log Cabin Republicans of New York, which has not endorsed a candidate for president, marched to provide a counterbalance with famed Nixon operative Roger Stone, who is supporting Governor Gary Johnson, the Libertarian nominee. Johnson announced his support for marriage equality last year. GOProud, a group for gay conservatives, endorsed Romney in a decision that split the board.
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home