PHOTOS: Marriage Equality, One Year Later, Marked at NYC Pride
BY Julie Bolcer
June 25 2012 8:39 AM ET
Revelers squirt Senator Charles Schumer with a water gun during the march. The annual civil rights demonstration commemorates the Stonewall riots of 1969, which erupted after a police raid on a gay bar, the Stonewall Inn on Christopher Street.
The Log Cabin Republicans of New York, which has not endorsed a candidate for president, marched to provide a counterbalance with famed Nixon operative Roger Stone, who is supporting Governor Gary Johnson, the Libertarian nominee. Johnson announced his support for marriage equality last year. GOProud, a group for gay conservatives, endorsed Romney in a decision that split the board.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People