PHOTOS: Marriage Equality, One Year Later, Marked at NYC Pride
BY Julie Bolcer
June 25 2012 8:39 AM ET
Revelers squirt Senator Charles Schumer with a water gun during the march. The annual civil rights demonstration commemorates the Stonewall riots of 1969, which erupted after a police raid on a gay bar, the Stonewall Inn on Christopher Street.
The Log Cabin Republicans of New York, which has not endorsed a candidate for president, marched to provide a counterbalance with famed Nixon operative Roger Stone, who is supporting Governor Gary Johnson, the Libertarian nominee. Johnson announced his support for marriage equality last year. GOProud, a group for gay conservatives, endorsed Romney in a decision that split the board.
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- Member of Famed Conservative Family Comes Out, Endorses Marriage Equality
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- 17 Celebs Who Are Rooting – And Tweeting – for Marriage Equality
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court