WATCH: Rick Santorum's RNC Speech
BY Neal Broverman
August 29 2012 12:27 AM ET
Former Pennsylvania senator and failed presidential candidate Rick Santorum delivered a conservative call to action on the first day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
Castigating immigrants and parents who have children before marriage, Santorum worked to whip the GOP delegates into a frenzy. Santorum didn't directly attack LGBT people, instead making a veiled reference to marriage equality.
"Marriage is disappearing in places where government dependency is the highest," Santorum said. "But if America is going to succeed, we must stop the assault on marriage and the family in America today."
Though he didn't directly go after gay people for once, Santorum didn't miss a chance to attack abortion rights, using his handicapped child as fodder for his point. Watch the video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 2 hours 28 min ago
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM