WATCH: Rick Santorum's RNC Speech
BY Neal Broverman
August 29 2012 12:27 AM ET
Former Pennsylvania senator and failed presidential candidate Rick Santorum delivered a conservative call to action on the first day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
Castigating immigrants and parents who have children before marriage, Santorum worked to whip the GOP delegates into a frenzy. Santorum didn't directly attack LGBT people, instead making a veiled reference to marriage equality.
"Marriage is disappearing in places where government dependency is the highest," Santorum said. "But if America is going to succeed, we must stop the assault on marriage and the family in America today."
Though he didn't directly go after gay people for once, Santorum didn't miss a chance to attack abortion rights, using his handicapped child as fodder for his point. Watch the video below.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'