WATCH: Rick Santorum's RNC Speech
BY Neal Broverman
August 29 2012 12:27 AM ET
Former Pennsylvania senator and failed presidential candidate Rick Santorum delivered a conservative call to action on the first day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
Castigating immigrants and parents who have children before marriage, Santorum worked to whip the GOP delegates into a frenzy. Santorum didn't directly attack LGBT people, instead making a veiled reference to marriage equality.
"Marriage is disappearing in places where government dependency is the highest," Santorum said. "But if America is going to succeed, we must stop the assault on marriage and the family in America today."
Though he didn't directly go after gay people for once, Santorum didn't miss a chance to attack abortion rights, using his handicapped child as fodder for his point. Watch the video below.
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad