WATCH: Rick Santorum's RNC Speech
BY Neal Broverman
August 28 2012 11:27 PM ET
Former Pennsylvania senator and failed presidential candidate Rick Santorum delivered a conservative call to action on the first day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
Castigating immigrants and parents who have children before marriage, Santorum worked to whip the GOP delegates into a frenzy. Santorum didn't directly attack LGBT people, instead making a veiled reference to marriage equality.
"Marriage is disappearing in places where government dependency is the highest," Santorum said. "But if America is going to succeed, we must stop the assault on marriage and the family in America today."
Though he didn't directly go after gay people for once, Santorum didn't miss a chance to attack abortion rights, using his handicapped child as fodder for his point. Watch the video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Spirit Awards Gives Love Is Strange Four Nods, Including Best Picture
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Right-Wing Group Targets Trans-Friendly Federal Nominee
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- Outrage After Idaho Trans Woman Buried 'As a Man'