Did Your Representative in Congress Join the NOH8 Campaign?
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2012 3:39 PM ET
Rep. Joe Baca of California: “We’ve got to make sure that we vote no because we believe in equality, and we believe that everybody should have a choice. That’s what our Constitution requires and what we, the people of the United States, affirmed when we aimed to form a more perfect union, establish justice and promote equality.”
Rep. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts: “I’m Congressman Jim McGovern and I’m happy to be a part of this campaign. I believe we need to work together to create a more tolerant, equal society.”
Rep. Janice Hahn of California: “I believe marriage equality is a civil rights issue. Love deserves celebrating, not shaming, and no one should feel harassed or unsafe because of who they are. I am proud to stand with NOH8 on the side of love.”
Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Illinois: “I’m so proud to be part of the NOH8 effort. I think this education campaign is really going to help raise awareness and stop hate.”
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment