Did Your Representative in Congress Join the NOH8 Campaign?
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2012 3:39 PM ET
Rep. Joe Baca of California: “We’ve got to make sure that we vote no because we believe in equality, and we believe that everybody should have a choice. That’s what our Constitution requires and what we, the people of the United States, affirmed when we aimed to form a more perfect union, establish justice and promote equality.”
Rep. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts: “I’m Congressman Jim McGovern and I’m happy to be a part of this campaign. I believe we need to work together to create a more tolerant, equal society.”
Rep. Janice Hahn of California: “I believe marriage equality is a civil rights issue. Love deserves celebrating, not shaming, and no one should feel harassed or unsafe because of who they are. I am proud to stand with NOH8 on the side of love.”
Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Illinois: “I’m so proud to be part of the NOH8 effort. I think this education campaign is really going to help raise awareness and stop hate.”
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?'
- Op-ed: Why LGBT Millennials Should Care About Adoption
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Marriage Equality Virginia AG Asks Court to Dismiss Marriage Ban Challenge 35 min 23 sec ago
- Health WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' 1 hour 24 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody UPDATED: 1 hour 32 min ago
- Style Meet Sexy German Designer Working With Alan Cumming & ARMANI 1 hour 57 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Consumer Reports Now Ranks HIV Meds 2 hours 43 min ago
- Music 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year 10:18 AM
- Acceptance Matters Confronting the 'Glitter Mafia' 10:00 AM