Did Your Representative in Congress Join the NOH8 Campaign?
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2012 4:39 PM ET
Rep. Michael Capuano of Massachusetts: “I have long believed in marriage equality and am proud to participate in the NOH8 Campaign. Discrimination has no place in our society, and I hope the US Supreme Court will soon recognize that Proposition 8, and other attempts like it, are contrary to the freedoms granted in the Constitution.”
Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard of California: “Projects like NOH8 are ensuring that marriage equality continues to be in the forefront of our fight for equality. I am proud to participate in the NOH8 Campaign to help draw attention to this ongoing civil rights battle in our state.”
Rep. Lois Capps of California: “This is a great campaign. I’m from California and the tragic fight we had over Prop 8 is still fresh in my mind. So this just comes full circle. NOH8 is a huge statement and I’m honored to be a part of it.”
Rep. John Yarmuth of Kentucky: “Our commitment to equality is a reflection our nation’s character and its strength. That is why I am proud to join the tens of thousands of participants in the NOH8 Campaign and the millions of Americans across the country who are standing up for marriage equality and fairness for all our citizens.”
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times