PHOTOS: A Busy October for Gay Global Impact
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2012 3:03 PM ET
Remember the viral "kiss seen round the world" photo of the two French women from earlier this week? This was the rally they were kissing at. People took part in a demonstration called by the Vita association in front of the Arc of La Defense in La Defense business district, near Paris, Tuesday to denounce same-sex marriage. Government ministers are expected to approve a draft law authorizing same-sex marriage next week despite opposition. Officials have said the legislation will also include a provision for married same-sex couples to adopt children. Opinion polls suggest that up to two thirds of French voters back the right of gay couples to marry, but they are evenly split on allowing adoption.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'