PHOTOS: A Busy October for Gay Global Impact
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2012 3:03 PM ET
Remember the viral "kiss seen round the world" photo of the two French women from earlier this week? This was the rally they were kissing at. People took part in a demonstration called by the Vita association in front of the Arc of La Defense in La Defense business district, near Paris, Tuesday to denounce same-sex marriage. Government ministers are expected to approve a draft law authorizing same-sex marriage next week despite opposition. Officials have said the legislation will also include a provision for married same-sex couples to adopt children. Opinion polls suggest that up to two thirds of French voters back the right of gay couples to marry, but they are evenly split on allowing adoption.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us