It's All Our Fault! 10 Disasters the Gays Supposedly Caused
BY Michelle Garcia
October 31 2012 7:00 AM ET
Hurricane Katrina, August 2005
Shortly following the massive destruction of hurricanes Katrina and Rita on the Gulf Coast, Repent America director Michael Marcavage issued a statement blaming the massive disaster on New Orleans's annual gay party, Southern Decadence.
"Although the loss of lives is deeply saddening, this act of God destroyed a wicked city," he wrote.
A year later, Megachurch Pastor John Haggee of San Antonio, Texas, said “God caused Hurricane Katrina to wipe out New Orleans because it had a gay pride parade the week before and was filled with sexual sin.”
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere