It's All Our Fault! 10 Disasters the Gays Supposedly Caused
BY Michelle Garcia
October 31 2012 7:00 AM ET
Floods, Fires and Tornadoes Everywhere, 2012
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who nearly beat former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination, is certainly a character. But it turns out there was a member on his campaign team who perhaps out-crazied him. Pam Olsen, the founder of the Florida Prayer Network, believed that marriage equality and ordination of gay priests could lead to floods, fires, and tornadoes.
"You know what, God is not one that is going to wink at sin," Olsen said in a video. "God is shaking. If anybody looks at the news and has just seen what's been happening recently with the floods, the fires, the tornadoes, God is shaking. Yeah I think you have God shaking, sure you have the enemy shaking, you have both and I don't want to say oh that's the judgment of God or that's the enemy. But the reality is God is judging us, and I think it's going to get worse."
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- WATCH: John Oliver Explains the Equality Act