It's All Our Fault! 10 Disasters the Gays Supposedly Caused
BY Michelle Garcia
October 31 2012 6:00 AM ET
Floods, Fires and Tornadoes Everywhere, 2012
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who nearly beat former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination, is certainly a character. But it turns out there was a member on his campaign team who perhaps out-crazied him. Pam Olsen, the founder of the Florida Prayer Network, believed that marriage equality and ordination of gay priests could lead to floods, fires, and tornadoes.
"You know what, God is not one that is going to wink at sin," Olsen said in a video. "God is shaking. If anybody looks at the news and has just seen what's been happening recently with the floods, the fires, the tornadoes, God is shaking. Yeah I think you have God shaking, sure you have the enemy shaking, you have both and I don't want to say oh that's the judgment of God or that's the enemy. But the reality is God is judging us, and I think it's going to get worse."
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 1 hour 27 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 1 hour 36 min ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 2 hours 19 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC 3:49 PM