It's All Our Fault! 10 Disasters the Gays Supposedly Caused
BY Michelle Garcia
October 31 2012 7:00 AM ET
Floods, Fires and Tornadoes Everywhere, 2012
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who nearly beat former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination, is certainly a character. But it turns out there was a member on his campaign team who perhaps out-crazied him. Pam Olsen, the founder of the Florida Prayer Network, believed that marriage equality and ordination of gay priests could lead to floods, fires, and tornadoes.
"You know what, God is not one that is going to wink at sin," Olsen said in a video. "God is shaking. If anybody looks at the news and has just seen what's been happening recently with the floods, the fires, the tornadoes, God is shaking. Yeah I think you have God shaking, sure you have the enemy shaking, you have both and I don't want to say oh that's the judgment of God or that's the enemy. But the reality is God is judging us, and I think it's going to get worse."
- Op-Ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Commentary Op-Ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth 2 hours 25 min ago
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 6:01 AM
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 5:53 AM
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM