Eight LGBT Native Americans You Should Know
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Max Wolf Valerio
Max Wolf Valerio, author of the riveting The Testosterone Files, the 2006 memoir of his transition from female to male, may just be the only man who also had an essay in the groundbreaking 1981 feminist classic This Bridge Called My Back. Valerio's work has appeared in a number of anthologies, and he's been featured in a number of documentary films including Gendernauts. Still a poet and author (one of his more recent works is in Trans/Love: Radical Sex, Love & Relationships Beyond the Gender Binary), Valerio is half American Indian from the Blackfoot tribe (his mother is from the Kainai (or Blood) Reserve in southern Alberta, Canada.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall