Eight LGBT Native Americans You Should Know
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Cheyenne Jackson is a familiar face to 30 Rock fans. He played the only guy to melt the hearts of both Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin. But Jackson, whose father is Native American, isn't just a pretty face on NBC. He's been a Broadway sensation since his first lead role in All Shook Up. He's appeared on dozens of TV series (most recently in Mockingbird Lane, the Munsters remake that aired on Halloween) and a handful of films. Clearly an overachiever, he's also a musician (his 2012 album Drive produced the top 10 hit "Before You").
Next up: He costars in next year's Liberace biopic, Behind the Candelabra, with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Modern-Day Martin Luthers Show Support for Ousted Gay Methodist Minister