NOM President to Receive Honorary Degree
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 2:58 PM ET
Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage, will receive an honorary degree from the organization whose degree-granting arm has been suspended from its corporation status.
The Coalition of African American Pastors is slated to grant the degree to Brown on March 3 at a church in Memphis. However, as Pam's House Blend reports, the degree will be conferred by American Urban University. The university, headed by Bishop George D. McKinney of San Diego, seems to have been suspended from its corporation status at some point in its 24 years of existance.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument