NOM President to Receive Honorary Degree
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 2:58 PM ET
Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage, will receive an honorary degree from the organization whose degree-granting arm has been suspended from its corporation status.
The Coalition of African American Pastors is slated to grant the degree to Brown on March 3 at a church in Memphis. However, as Pam's House Blend reports, the degree will be conferred by American Urban University. The university, headed by Bishop George D. McKinney of San Diego, seems to have been suspended from its corporation status at some point in its 24 years of existance.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox