NOM President to Receive Honorary Degree
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 2:58 PM ET
Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage, will receive an honorary degree from the organization whose degree-granting arm has been suspended from its corporation status.
The Coalition of African American Pastors is slated to grant the degree to Brown on March 3 at a church in Memphis. However, as Pam's House Blend reports, the degree will be conferred by American Urban University. The university, headed by Bishop George D. McKinney of San Diego, seems to have been suspended from its corporation status at some point in its 24 years of existance.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 1 hour 21 min ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 2 hours 16 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 2 hours 33 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 2 hours 56 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 4:09 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM