NOM President to Receive Honorary Degree
BY Michelle Garcia
February 26 2013 1:58 PM ET
Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage, will receive an honorary degree from the organization whose degree-granting arm has been suspended from its corporation status.
The Coalition of African American Pastors is slated to grant the degree to Brown on March 3 at a church in Memphis. However, as Pam's House Blend reports, the degree will be conferred by American Urban University. The university, headed by Bishop George D. McKinney of San Diego, seems to have been suspended from its corporation status at some point in its 24 years of existance.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'